There are quite a couple of possible routes if you like to hike from Discovery Bay to Mui Wo. One is to climb on the top of the Tiger Head. I did this twice. You can read more here:
- Alternative route via Lau Fa Tung – read here more about this hike
- Most popular route to the Lo Fu Tau – read here more about this hike
But of course, you can take as well an easy route. And that’s what we talk about in this post here. I enjoyed this journey. It was quite an easy hike and I had not too much time that day, as I had to visit my son’s birthday party in the evening. That’s why I did choose this easy route. But watch the whole story in this video here.
How to go there / Starting Point
Above you can find a screenshot of the route I took. On the map, you can also see that there are quite a lot of possible ways.
- I started directly at the Ferry Station in Discovery Bay and turned left. I followed the waterfront and tried to wander over to the Trappist Haven Monastery.
- But due to COVID-19, the Monastery was closed for the public. That’s why I followed the street up to Hung Shui Shan (just around 275 m high).
- From there, I stepped towards the seaside and walked down the hill to Mui Wo. This part leads you through some forests. No worries, you have a good path to follow. But be careful. It gets from time to time a bit steep.
Duration, Difficulty & Distance
Including taking videos, photos and my small accident, which you can see in this video, the whole trip took me around 2 hours 10 minutes. The entire trail is around 7.5 km long. The route is not too challenging. That’s why I rate the difficulty with 4/10.